Better Family Article Series
Filling Nutritional Gaps
This article series is brought to you by the team behind Liquid Daily: the better option for filling nutritional gaps in your household.
Liquid Is Better
Simplify Your Routine
You're In Control
- B vitamins are a great choice of vitamins that can help to boost your energy and reduce tiredness, as they help turn food into energy in the body.
- Multivitamins that contain folate are a good option for women who want to boost their all-around health.
- While vitamins and supplements can help to alleviate some of the symptoms of depression, you should consult your doctor for complete treatment.
Best Multivitamin For Energy
It’s not uncommon for people in the working world to feel burnt out and low on energy. Feeling downtrodden, unmotivated, or just plain tired can be a huge drag on your mental health as well. That’s why many people seek out the best vitamins for mental health and energy.
It just so happens that those vitamins happen to be very similar to the best vitamins for energy and immune system as well. In this article, we’ll share some information about the best multivitamin for energy, along with some extra details along the way.
Eating a well balanced diet and getting enough sleep are imperative for energy levels - but these things aren’t always possible. When they’re not, you might find yourself asking: What is the best vitamin for energy? And we’ve got answers (1).
Vitamin B12 is the best vitamin for energy and metabolism, and that’s because it helps to transform the food that you eat into energy that your body can use to function. It also helps to keep nerves and blood cells healthy, which can help to prevent a type of anemia that makes you feel weak and tired.
Melatonin is a contender that you might not have seen coming, because you might be thinking - doesn’t melatonin help you fall asleep? The answer is yes, it does. But since this is a natural hormone that encourages better sleep, it means you’ll be better rested for the day to follow.
If you’ve ever wanted to build muscle, you’ve probably heard of creatine. But did you know that it can be a source of quick energy for your body as well? It can provide your body with short bursts of energy that you can use to exercise, which makes creatine one of the best vitamins for energy and weight loss.
Vitamins To Boost Energy
We’re always on the lookout for vitamins to boost energy. We compiled a few into this list, even including some you might not have heard of before!
Taking ashwagandha supplements may help boost your energy levels (2). It may also help to boost your endurance during exercise, and it’s been proven that exercising more helps to boost your overall energy levels and your mood in general.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is another notable choice for boosting energy. It already exists in the body - specifically in the heart, liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and it’s an antioxidant that helps to improve energy and strengthen the immune system. Some people just don’t have enough of it. And if you have a low level of CoQ10, it could be causing fatigue.
Vitamin D is another supplement that can boost energy. If you don’t get enough vitamin D, you could be at risk for depression. Having enough vitamin D in the system may improve muscle efficiency and energy as a whole.
Having an iron deficiency can lead to low energy levels, and this is something that women are vulnerable to - and this makes iron one of the best vitamins for energy for women. Having enough iron in your system will make you less likely to feel fatigued throughout the day.
Combining L-theanine, which is a naturally occurring amino acid in tea, with caffeine, may help to increase energy and cognitive performance, especially in males, and this makes it one of the better vitamins for energy for men.
B vitamins in general always have the potential to help in the energy department because they create energy in cells. Older individuals, vegetarians, and vegans may be at a higher risk for a deficiency, and may benefit from taking supplements that will help them to feel more energetic.
Best Multivitamin For Women
The type and amount of nutrients someone needs is based on their age, sex, and overall health. There are certain multivitamins targeted towards women because these multivitamins meet their nutritional needs (3).
The best multivitamin for women may be one that contains folate, as this could be beneficial for women of reproductive age. Getting about 400 mcg of folic acid a day in addition to the folic acid in food is what the CDC recommends, and if you’re pregnant, this can keep the fetus healthy and prevent abnormalities that affect the brain and spine.
The best organic multivitamin for women may also contain calcium. This is probably the best multivitamin for women over 60 because it promotes bone health and bone density, along with the strength of teeth.
The best multivitamin for women with iron deficiencies are, of course, multivitamins that contain iron. These can help women of any age - whether they are pregnant, nursing, or menstruating.
Potassium is seen as the best multivitamin for women over 30 because it helps to promote basic cell functioning, and it’s important to note that the amount of potassium in your diet may need to increase if you become pregnant.
Choosing a multivitamin as a woman depends on a handful of different factors. These factors include age (there are different vitamins that are better suited for young women, and some for older women), certifications of the multivitamin (some companies will have certifications listed on their website regarding dosage and ingredients), packaging of the vitamins (depending on if you prefer a bottle of multivitamins, or the correct daily dosage shipped to you), ingredients (vegans and vegetarians and gluten-free individuals will have their own unique requirements), and reputation of the brand.
It is also a smart idea to check with your healthcare professional before going on any multivitamins that you may be unsure about.
Best Energy Supplements For Fatigue
Energy isn’t something you can buy in a can - instead, it is something that your body makes. But in some cases, your body may need help making it, and that’s where vitamins for energy and tiredness come in. Your body needs energy for every function - not just for movement, but to digest food, to think, to breathe, and much more. It’s crucial that the process for creating energy is well supported, and if you need a little extra help from a few key nutrients, here’s where you should look first (4):
One of the best energy supplements for fatigue is vitamin B1. Most of the cells in the body prefer to use carbohydrates for their main source of energy fuel, but you need a good supply of vitamin B1 to actually turn those carbohydrates into energy.
Another one of the greatest vitamins for stress and fatigue is vitamin B2 or riboflavin. Although many of your cells prefer to glean their energy from carbohydrates, some also use fats and protein. Vitamin B2 helps the body convert not just carbohydrates, but fats and proteins into energy as well. This vitamin is especially beneficial in creating energy for the heart and muscles.
Vitamin B3 or niacin is a big help as well. This vitamin also helps turn carbohydrates, fats, and protein into energy, and it also builds fat structures in the body like cell membranes and hormones. If you don’t have enough B3 in your system, the reason that you’re feeling tired a lot of the time could be because your body can’t turn food into energy properly or your body can’t produce enough of the thyroid hormone.
Vitamin B5 is a great choice if your energy levels have dropped due to stress in your life, and this is because it’s mainly concentrated on producing energy and stress-relieving hormones.
Vitamin B6 is essential for developing the building blocks of protein and DNA, and it also is involved in the breakdown of glycogen stores and turning them into energy for the body to use. If you’re an athlete or a generally active person, you’ll need to make sure that you have enough vitamin B6 in your body to keep moving.
Best Vitamins For Energy And Depression
If you are experiencing symptoms of depression, then you might be curious if there are supplements for depression that exist. While there are choices that are the best vitamins for energy and depression out there, it’s important to understand clinical depression cannot be treated with vitamins and supplements. Vitamins for tiredness and depression may alleviate some depression symptoms, but you should not rely on them for complete treatment. For medication that will help to cure your depression, talk to your doctor and see what they can do for you.
While vitamins cannot cure depression, there are still options out there that qualify as some of the best vitamins for depression and anxiety. If you’ve been asking what supplement is good for depression, take a look at these (5):
Vitamin B3 is essential to the brain’s production of serotonin, which can help the brain cells communicate with each other. The levels of serotonin in a depressed person’s brain are usually low, as are people who have a vitamin B3 deficiency, so vitamin B3 can help.
Vitamin B9 also helps with the synthesis of serotonin, and this can help with mood regulation. This can also alleviate some of the symptoms of depression, like mood swings.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for brain health and brain function, so taking one of these supplements may be beneficial for someone with depression.
Having a magnesium deficiency can cause sleep problems, constipation, and muscle tension. It can also cause symptoms of depression and other mood disorders because it helps to produce feel-good hormones in the brain.
Vitamin C can also help to improve mood and cognitive function. Taking a vitamin C supplement every day might also help to reduce symptoms of anxiety along with depression.
- Van De Walle, Gavin. "11 Vitamins and Supplements That Boost Energy." Healthline, 28 May 2018, www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-supplements-for-energy#TOC_TITLE_HDR_2.
- Sissons, Beth. "The best vitamins and supplements for energy." Medical News Today, 23 Oct. 2019, www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326756#ashwagandha.
- Fletcher, Jenna, and Kristina Galea. "4 of the best nutritionist-approved multivitamins for women." Medical News Today, 28 Nov. 2021, www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/best-multivitamins-for-women.
- Bartholomew, Rachel. "The 5 Best Vitamins for Energy & Tiredness." Nutri Advanced, 11 May 2020, www.nutriadvanced.co.uk/news/the-5-best-vitamins-for-energy-tiredness/.
- Hull, Megan. "Vitamins That Help With Depression." The Recovery Village, 5 Aug. 2021, www.therecoveryvillage.com/mental-health/depression/related/vitamins-for-depression/#:~:text=Vitamin B-3 and Vitamin,may also help with depression.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Wellness Activities For Families
- Immunity Boosting Foods For Adults
- Vitamins For Energy And Weight Loss
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Daily Wellness Routine
- Vitamins For Energy And Focus
- Improve Family Immunity
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement
- Family Wellness Activities
- Best Multivitamin For Energy
- Supplements For Energy And Mood