- Vitamin B Complex is a combination of all the B vitamins that the body needs to be healthy and stay healthy.
- As B vitamins are water soluble, it’s very difficult to overdose on B vitamins as the body tends to excrete what it doesn’t need - that’s why a common side effect of B complex supplements is bright yellow urine.
- Sublingual methods of taking B complex vitamins tend to be successful because sublingual absorption happens quickly and effectively.
Liquid Vitamin B Complex Supplement
Vitamin B complex is made up of eight B vitamins, including:
- B-1 (thiamine)
- B-2 (riboflavin)
- B-3 (niacin)
- B-5 (pantothenic acid)
- B-6 (pyridoxine)
- B-7 (biotin)
- B-9 (folic acid)
- B-12 (cobalamin)
All of these vitamins are essential to the body’s function as a whole, and if you do not receive the right amount, it might be necessary to incorporate B complex liquid drops into your diet.
B vitamins are necessary for good health and wellbeing, because they’re the building blocks of a healthy body. They have an effect on your energy level, brain function, and the metabolism of your cells (1). Liquid vitamin B complex can help support and/or promote:
- cell health
- growth of red blood cells
- energy levels
- good eyesight
- healthy brain function
- good digestion
- healthy appetite
- proper nerve function
- hormones and cholesterol production
- cardiovascular health
- muscle tone
Taking a liquid vitamin b complex supplement is especially important for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, because the B complex can help to develop a fetus’s growing brain while also reducing the risk of birth defects. Vitamin B complex drops can also boost a pregnant woman's energy, ease the effects of nausea, and lower the risk of developing preeclampsia.
Vitamin B complex can also be helpful for men, as it’s been known to combat naturally decreasing testosterone levels in aging men. It can also help with building muscle and strength.
You may consider taking vitamin B complex sublinguals if you find that it’s a supplement you need. What is sublingual liquid, you may ask? Taking any vitamin in a sublingual manner is when you take it in liquid form by placing a few drops under the tongue. This makes for especially quick absorption, and people are partial to this type of ingestion because it’s easy to do and it’s easy for the body to digest. For some people, it’s also much easier than swallowing a large capsule or a pill, and you are able to see the effects much more quickly.
B Complex Tablet
Instead of going the sublingual route, some people choose to get their B vitamins via a V complex tablet. Some tablets include elements of vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin, and zinc as well - but before you start taking vitamin B complex with zinc, vitamin B complex with B12, or any other additives, consult your doctor.
If your doctor recommends that you take a tablet that also contains vitamin C, we recommend taking it with a full glass of water (2). If you’re taking a chewable tablet, make sure you chew it thoroughly before swallowing. If you’re taking extended-release tablets, it’s important that you swallow them whole and do not chew or crush them. If you chew or crush them, the entire drug could be released at once which can increase risk and the likelihood of side effects. It’s also not recommended to split the tablets unless they have a score line, or unless your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so.
Sublingual methods don’t include liquid products. There are also vitamin B complex sublingual tablets that many people choose to take because the effects work quickly, and there’s no measuring involved like there is with a liquid product. This is especially common in B complex vitamins that contain B12, because you can get the most benefit from placing it under the tongue and holding it there before you swallow.
If you can remember to do so, it’s helpful to take this vitamin at the same time every day - this creates a routine that will help you remember to always take your vitamin, as it works best when it’s taken regularly.
The side effects that you may experience from vitamin B complex supplements are typically very mild and include a flushed face or a mild upset stomach. In most cases, these effects will go away on their own in a short matter of time. If the side effects disrupt your daily routine, consult your doctor.
Vitamin B Complex Benefits and Side Effects
Much like anything else, there are B complex liquid benefits and b complex liquid side effects. Before you take it, you might ask yourself - what is liquid vitamin B complex good for? And we’re here to tell you that it’s good for a lot of things.
Vitamin B complex sublingual benefits can be present even for those who don’t have a known deficiency in B vitamins. Here are some of the benefits (1):
- May reduce stress and boost mood
- In many cases, B vitamins are used to reduce fatigue and boost mood. Studies have shown that B complex vitamins can lift a person's spirits and even improve cognitive performance.
- May reduce anxiety and depression
- B complex vitamins are not a cure for mental health issues - it’s important to keep that in mind. But they may help with symptoms of anxiety and depression, or enhance treatment when given with anxiety and depression medication.
It’s important to note that B vitamins are water-soluble, which means that it’s unlikely that you will be able to consume too much of them through your diet or by taking a B complex supplement as directed. But if you take supplements that contain high and unnecessary amounts of B complex vitamins, there could be some issues. There are some possible vitamin B complex side effects, and these include:
- High doses of B3 (niacin) could lead to vomiting, high blood sugar levels, skin flushing, and in the worst case scenario, liver damage
- High doses of B6 can cause nerve damage, light sensitivity, and painful skin lesions
- A benign side effect of B complex vitamins is that they turn the urine bright yellow, but this isn’t something that you should be concerned about. This is just your body getting rid of vitamins that it has no use for.
If you need to take a B complex vitamin, it’s imperative that you talk to your doctor and then choose a reputable brand that you can trust, like BetterFamily, and always keep the vitamin B complex benefits and side effects in mind.
Best Vitamin B Complex Review
The best liquid B complex vitamins are ones that have been proven in the court of public opinion to do what they promise - no one wants to buy something that is just going to end up sitting in their cupboard, taking up space, and turning into a waste of money. In order to know that you’re getting a good product, it’s essential to read a ‘best vitamin B complex’ review or two, because you’re going to get a lot of valuable insight from people who have bought the vitamins before you and tested them out. If someone had a negative experience, they’re surely going to write about it. And if someone found the best brand vitamin B complex out there, they’re surely going to write about that as well.
If you’re looking for something specific, make sure to type in key searches like ‘best vitamin b-complex brand for anxiety,’ or ‘best vitamin b complex for nerve damage,’ because this will let the search know exactly what you’re looking for and bring up results that fit the criteria. If you want B complex vitamins that target a specific issue, then you have to seek them out.
The best liquid vitamin B complex is one that covers all of its bases. All of the B vitamins within this supplement come with their own health benefits (3) - for example, vitamin B1 is critical for the growth, development, and function of the cells within the body. Vitamin B2 works cooperatively with other vitamins to convert food into energy. Vitamin B5 breaks down fats and carbohydrates into energy and helps the body use other vitamins like riboflavin. B6 is involved in improving immune function and the body needs it to use and store protein and carbohydrates from food. B7 helps the body convert fats, carbs, and proteins into energy, along with improving and maintaining hair health. B9 helps cells produce and maintain DNA. B12 is key in protein metabolism.
As you can see, each vitamin plays a key role - and you want to know exactly what you’re getting with the brand of B complex vitamins that you choose, so you need to do adequate research before purchasing.
If you’re looking for a B complex vitamin that should be taken a certain way, for example, the best sublingual vitamin b complex, then you’re going to want to search something along the lines of ‘best sublingual b complex’ - as this will bring up the answers that you’re looking for in the form of reviews and opinions of others who have bought B complex vitamins in the past and either enjoyed or disliked them.
Should I Take B12 or B Complex
Now that we’ve spent time going over vitamin B complex supplements, you might be wondering: Should I take B12 or B complex? You might be wondering this especially if you’ve seen a lot of information regarding vitamin B12, as it can be attractive. The truth of the matter is that vitamin B12 is just one of the many B vitamins that make up the B complex (4). All of these vitamins together are presented in the optimum balance to provide the daily vitamin B complex dosage.
You should take vitamin B12 if you have a specific deficiency, but if you’re in need of B vitamins in general, taking vitamin B complex might be the better option for you, as you can cover more bases with this supplement.
And if you’re wondering about the best time to take vitamin B complex, the answer is: Early on in the day (5). The reason behind this is because so many B vitamins are focused on creating energy from food, and if you take the B complex too late in the day, this boost of energy could interfere with how you sleep at night. Creating a routine of taking your B complex supplements every morning around the same time should make for an invigorating, refreshing day.
- Cronkleton, Emily. "Why Is Vitamin B Complex Important, and Where Do I Get It?" Healthline, 29 Mar. 2019, www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/vitamin-b-complex#_noHeaderPrefixedContent.
- Brennan, Dan. "Health Benefits of B Complex." WebMD, 19 Sept. 2020, www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-b-complex.
- Wong, Cathy. "The Health Benefits of Vitamin B Complex." VeryWellFit, 5 May 2021, www.verywellfit.com/b-complex-vitamins-89411.
- "Vitamin B12 vs B Complex: Which Supplement Is Right for You?" IVBoost, ivboost.uk/b12-vs-b-complex/.
- Macdonald, Erin, and Tiffani Bachus. "When Is The Best Time To Take My Vitamins?" Clean Eating Mag, 3 Aug. 2021, www.cleaneatingmag.com/clean-experts/ask-the-dietitians/when-is-the-best-time-to-take-my-vitamins/.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B Complex Supplement
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B5 Supplement
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin A Supplement