Better Family Article Series
The Absorption Advantage
This article series is brought to you by the team behind Liquid Daily: the better option for filling nutritional gaps in your household.
Liquid Is Better
Simplify Your Routine
You're In Control
- Multivitamins support the diet even for a child with a healthy balanced diet.
- To make sure your child gets the micronutrients he or she needs quickly and easily, try liquid childrens' vitamins.
- A lot of children struggle with vitamin pills for various reasons, but liquid vitamins are more palatable and much easier for kids to consume.
Liquid Children’s Vitamins
The nutritional needs of children are based on the same foundation that adults’ nutrition is based on. As humans, we need vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein, and fat (1). But while these needs are the same between children and adults, how much each group needs varies due to the age difference between the two.
In order to grow at a steady pace, children need to get enough vitamins - and with how common picky eating is for kids, that’s not always the easiest feat. That’s where liquid vitamins for kids come in.
Eating a balanced diet is, of course, the top way to make sure that children meet their nutritional requirements. But this isn’t always possible - not just with picky eaters, but with restrictive diets as well, and liquid children’s vitamins can help, as they contain 100% of the vitamins that kids need (including liquid vitamin C for kids) that they might not be getting through a bland or restricted diet. They can fill in the empty places in a diet that’s lacking.
We are big proponents of the use of the liquid vitamin over a gummy chewable, as they hold a lot less sure and are much more successful in the absorption department. Gummy vitamins can lead to eventual dental issues and over-consumption in children (because they taste just like candy). If you’re looking for something that actually works, look no further than liquid vitamins.
There are plenty of options available when it comes to choosing the best type of vitamins for children - so much so that the variety can get overwhelming. But liquid children’s vitamins are the best choice when it comes to making sure that your child gets the right vitamins and nutrients in a quick and easy way that can put your mind at ease even if your little one doesn’t finish all of their vegetables at dinner.
Multivitamins For Kids
Multivitamins for kids are far from unpopular - so this is probably not the first time you’ve asked yourself if your own child should be taking them. You want to know that your child is getting all the nutrients that they need to grow and thrive, and multivitamins are a great way to make sure that happens.
Even for a child with the most balanced and regular diet, multivitamins can be a helpful boost. Many children are partial to specific types of foods (and many fall into the trap of colorless diets), but multivitamins can be great even for those who eat well.
But then there comes the micronutrients. How do you make sure that your child is receiving those? Multivitamins, of course. And they’re also a great way to fill in the gaps of an especially busy day (or week, or month) to make sure that your kids aren’t running on fumes.
Multivitamins are also a great way to pay attention to specific parts of the body - like the immune system, for example. If you have a child in daycare or in school, you know how much protection they need against germs. The best vitamins for a kid’s immune system include Vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant that heightens their natural defenses) , Vitamin D (decreases the likelihood of infection), and Zinc (supports growth and helps the immune system function properly) (2).
Beyond the immune system is the brain - what parent isn’t interested in vitamins for their kid’s brain? What you want to look for is Lutein, which aids in memory and learning, Vitamin E, which supports developing cells, and DHA, which is an omega-3 fatty acid that’s found in the brain and aids in development (3). With these three components working together, your child will have the best chance at healthy brain development - and as the control center of the body, there’s nothing more important than brain health.
Best Liquid Multivitamin For Kids
Using a liquid multivitamin for kids has amazing advantages. First of all, you can get them in many tasteless varieties. If the reason that you’re supplementing your child’s diet with a multivitamin is because they’re picky, then they probably won’t be a fan of strange and abrasive flavors. Adding a liquid multivitamin to what they’re already eating works like a charm - they won’t even know that they’re benefitting their growing body.
Another reason that parents love liquid multivitamins for their children is because of their quick absorption rates. The body doesn’t have to fight through layers of sugar and artificial dyes in order to get what it needs out of the supplement. There are no fillers or binding agents, which makes it extremely easy for the multivitamin to make its way into your child’s system.
There’s much debate over the best liquid multivitamin for kids, with many varying opinions. The main goal of the liquid multivitamins is to get the needed nutrients into a child’s system, and experts have weighed in on the brands that achieve that goal with the most success. Here are a few (4) of the top contenders:
- Kids Companion, with vitamins, herbs, and green tea extract
- Intrakid, with 215 nutrients that kids need packed into one dose
- Essentials Childlife, which can be added to your child’s favorite drink to make sure they get the nutrients missing from their food
How you receive these liquid multivitamins for your children is up to you, but many find that joining a subscription service benefits them over buying the vitamins in stores. For one, it makes things a lot easier. And two, picking up children’s liquid vitamins from Walmart is something that can easily slip a busy parent’s mind - and forgetting is basically impossible when you have a subscription service doing the remembering for you.
Liquid Multivitamin For Toddlers
Now that we’ve spent a bit of time talking about children in general, we can zero in on toddlers. You might be wondering - what is the best liquid multivitamin for toddlers? Toddlers, or children aged between 1 and 3 years of age, are little ones who are just beginning to learn about their autonomy. That means that they know what they like and what they don’t like, and they aren’t afraid to tell you so.
This is also a phase where many children go through taste changes, where they turn away from food that they hadn’t minded as a baby - and this could get parents worried. Toddler multivitamins can help to ease the (very normal) worry that parents have that their toddlers aren’t getting enough nutrients.
While you work on exemplifying healthy eating, incorporating flavorless liquid vitamins for toddlers into your small child’s diet can put your mind at ease when it comes to how their body and immune system are being supported. While toddlers are known for being extremely busy (and keeping you just as busy with their quick feet and even quicker minds), you can rest assured that these liquid multivitamins for toddlers will be doing the work even while your toddler runs, climbs, and plays.
Because, of course, the best multivitamin for a 2-year-old is one that they don’t even know that they’re taking!
When it comes to finding the best liquid multivitamin for toddlers, the top choice (5) is Garden of Life Baby Multivitamin Liquid. It’s free of GMOs and artificial ingredients, and it contains 13 essential vitamins and minerals that a growing toddler needs. As long as you check with your pediatrician, it’s extremely easy to mix into your toddler’s diet - whether you choose to mix it into their favorite drink or nightly dinner.
Unflavored Children’s Liquid Vitamins
Liquid vitamins are a great option for children because in many cases, they can’t swallow pills and some may be averse to the taste of chewable vitamins. What makes liquid vitamins so useful is the fact that they can be tasteless - in the form of unflavored children’s liquid vitamins.
Some tasteless liquid vitamins for toddlers that work especially well are made by Mary Ruth Organics - products that parents love because they are organic (as the name would suggest) and are free of any artificial ingredients. They’re also free of any dairy, nut products, gluten, wheat, soy, and corn - and they’re vegan, too!
While they do come in flavored varieties, picky children can stay on the safe side with their flavorless liquid multivitamin. Going the flavorless route is a good way to stay safe when you have a child in your family who’s hard to predict when it comes to what they’ll like and what they won’t touch with a 10-foot pole.
Vitamin drops by Mary Ruth Organics are a great way to supplement your child’s diet in the places where it might be lacking. And if you’ve got a picky toddler in your household, check out the Toddler Vitamin D3+K2 Liquid Drops, because those are a great way to supplement the calcium levels of a toddler who doesn't drink milk (due to an allergy, aversion, etc.).
You can add these odorless, tasteless vitamins to your toddler or child’s drink and they will be getting the supplemental nutrients that they need to grow and develop in the way that they should. And with your child staying on the right track for nutrient consumption, you can worry a little less and rest assured that they’re on the fast track to success.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Nutrition for kids: Guidelines for a healthy diet." MayoClinic, Feb. 2021, www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/childrens-health/in-depth/nutrition-for-kids/art-20049335.
- Devane, Brian. "Vitamins For Kids Immune System: How To Boost Your Child’s Immunity." 26 Mar. 2021, www.activeiron.com/blog/vitamins-for-kids-immune-system/.
- "Supporting Brain and Eye Development in Young Children." Nutrition News, Abbott, 25 Jan. 2020, www.nutritionnews.abbott/pregnancy-childhood/kids-growth/supporting-brain-and-eye-development-in-young-children/#:~:text=That Is Correct!,, Vitamin E, and DHA.
- Stein, Natalie. "The Best Liquid Vitamins for Kids." Livestrong, www.livestrong.com/article/219394-the-best-liquid-vitamins-for-kids/.
- Streit, Lizzie. "9 Best Vitamins for Kids: Do They Need Them (and Which Ones)?" Healthline, 14 July 2021, www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamins-for-kids.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement