- A lot of tablet or capsule vitamins are mostly filler substances like magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, or rice starch
- Compared to other forms of vitamin supplements, liquid vitamins are healthier and easier to take.
- With the right liquid multivitamins you can avoid unnecessary filers and additives contained in most vitamin supplements of other forms such as tablets or gummies.
With all the vitamin and mineral supplements on the market, you might be skeptical about which ones deliver on their promises. Cheap supplements abound, claiming to contain vital nutrients.
Yet, many of these brands add active ingredients to tablets and capsules that are mostly binder and filler. To create the physical tablet or capsule, they have to include non-vitamin ingredients, usually in quantities that outnumber the actual vitamins and minerals.
For instance, many capsules are mostly filler like magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, or rice starch (1). And if the capsule is made of gelatin, is it vegan sourced?
These fillers, binders, and "neutral" ingredients sometimes have conflicting safety data (2). Many tablets use lactose as a binder, making them unsuitable for those with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance. Even if these fillers aren't harmful, most of them are useless at best.
Gummy supplements are usually loaded with sugar, might contain non-vegan gelatin, and are often full of artificial colors and flavors. The bright colors and bold flavors might appeal to children, but what is the ultimate cost?
In contrast to this, liquid vitamins and supplements don't need fillers. Without binding agents or fillers, you can get pure liquid vitamins and minerals in a form that your body can easily absorb.
A liquid multivitamin is the best solution if you want to ensure absorption. Eliminate possibly allergenic binders and fillers, and avoid swallowing several pills per day by using a quality liquid supplement.
All you have to do is add the liquid vitamin to a drink and drink it! It's simpler, healthier, and purer than other vitamin forms. You can trust that you're actually getting the vitamins and minerals on the label without interference from other ingredients.
Liquid Vitamins for Kids
Every parent knows how hard it can be to make sure your kid is eating a balanced diet. Even children that aren't picky eaters are likely to avoid vegetables and other nutrient-rich foods.
Many parents try to give their kids vitamins instead to ensure they have the nutrients they need to grow and develop. And it's a great idea! You can help your kids get the well-rounded diet they require to thrive without fighting over dinner.
However, the standard forms of supplements can be equally as hard to get your kid to take. It's difficult for most kids to swallow pills, and even if they can, most don't want to.
Gummies might taste good, but they can be sweetened with sugar. You're giving your kids vitamins and minerals, but they're getting an extra helping of sugar, too.
Instead, use a liquid multivitamin for kids to ensure your children have a balanced, well-rounded diet. A liquid multivitamin is easy to add to your kid's drink, and they likely won't even notice that they're drinking something healthy! Tasteless liquid vitamins for toddlers and older kids are a great option.
With a varied-dose liquid multivitamin, you can stick with the same multivitamin as your children grow. Just increase the dose as they grow to meet their age and diet requirements.
Additionally, if you have multiple children, a varied-dose liquid multivitamin makes ensuring your children are healthy easy. You can give all your kids the same multivitamin with a different dose. Everyone in your family gets the nutrients they need to grow.
Just make sure that the liquid multivitamin you choose is a tasty one that blends well with a drink they love. If you want to help your kids get the nutrients they need, a varied-dose liquid multivitamin is the way to go.
Liquid Vitamins For Adults
Similar to the benefits for children, liquid multivitamins for adults are much easier to take and healthier for you than other forms. You'll get better absorption and avoid unnecessary filler and binder ingredients.
Add in commonly missed nutrients to your diet with a simple liquid multivitamin. With the best liquid multivitamin for adults, you can simply add it to your drink and improve your diet and health.
Another advantage to liquid vitamins for adults is the ability to use sublingual dosing. By placing the liquid under your tongue and holding it, you can allow it to enter your bloodstream directly and bypass your stomach acid. The membranes beneath your tongue allow direct access to your circulatory system. This gets the vitamins and minerals where they need to be faster than if they went through your stomach and intestines.
An under-the-tongue liquid multivitamin for adults offers maximum benefit compared to other vitamin formats. Skip the fillers and reap the benefits of a pure liquid supplement you can get into your bloodstream within seconds. If you haven't tried taking vitamins under the tongue, you're missing out!
You don't need multiple pills or sugary gummies to get the nutrients you require to thrive. Find a liquid multivitamin that meets your needs and tastes great to improve your health with one easy step.
Liquid Multivitamins for Men and Women
A lot of supplement products out there advertise different versions of their liquid multivitamin for men and women. But is there really a difference between men's and women's nutritional needs?
There are only a few reasons that different people might need different nutrients and minerals. For example, people who menstruate typically have lower iron levels than people who don't. However, unless someone's iron is pretty low or their menstruation is irregular, it usually doesn't matter much.
Additionally, people who are pregnant or nursing require a completely different set of nutrients. Their bodies have to support the development of an entirely new human, meaning they need extra nutritional support.
Outside of those scenarios, there's not much variation between people's nutritional needs (7). You can get a basic multivitamin supplement and cover the vitamins and minerals your body requires.
You don't need multiple supplements for the different people in your home. With a single liquid multivitamin, you and everyone else in your family can live healthier. You'll get a purer, more absorbable vitamin without unnecessary fillers or binders.
Liquid Multivitamins for Seniors
Seniors, like children, are another age group that greatly benefits from vitamin supplements. Elderly people should make sure they have the vitamins and minerals their bodies need to age well and continue functioning properly.
Bioavailability, or the amount of a substance has an active effect on the body, is important for seniors (8). Seniors have to ensure that their supplements are actually helping them, or they won't receive the benefits they need.
Because a liquid multivitamin is much easier for bodies to absorb and doesn't contain unnecessary ingredients, a liquid multivitamin for seniors can be a better option. Additionally, they can get all the vitamins and minerals they need in a single product.
Instead of keeping up with multiple supplement products, they can take a single liquid multivitamin. It's easier to keep track of a single product, and they simply have to add it to their drink.
Elderly adults may also experience difficulty swallowing pills. The best liquid vitamins for elderly people are incredibly easy to take. As long as you can drink fluids, you can take a liquid vitamin.
If you have a senior family member, you should suggest they try a liquid multivitamin. They can get all the vitamins and minerals with a single supplement that's easy to take and doesn't contain unnecessary binders and fillers.
With a single liquid multivitamin, everyone in your family can start living healthier, happier lives. They'll have the nutrients they need to thrive, no matter their age.
The Best Liquid Multivitamin
Among liquid multivitamins, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of options to pick from. While liquid is the best way to consume your vitamin or mineral supplements, you should still make sure that you're picking the right product for yourself.
If you're looking for a general multivitamin rather than a specific supplement, there are plenty of choices out there, from gluten-free options to the best liquid vitamins for immune systems. Here are some of the most popular liquid multivitamins on the market right now (3).
Nature's Plus Source of Life
Nature's Plus is one of the most popular liquid supplement brands. Their Source of Life Liquid Multivitamin is among the top-rated products on multiple health sites, from Livestrong (4) to Health Ambition (5).
Made from whole-food sources, Nature's Plus Source of Life doesn't contain gluten, milk, yeast, corn, or soy. It does include superfoods like bee pollen, chlorophyll, and flaxseed for a mineral and enzyme-rich multivitamin. Nature's Plus is designed to support total body health and vitality in an easily-consumable liquid format.
Nature's Answer Advanced Vitamin Support
Another popular liquid multivitamin is Nature's Answer Advanced Vitamin Support. Though it contains a complete group of essential vitamins and key antioxidants, Nature's Answer is commonly criticized for the strange taste it leaves in people's mouths. However, in smaller doses, this taste can be minimal or nonexistent.
Better Family's Liquid Multivitamin
Better Family's Liquid Multivitamin is a new, high-quality vitamin and mineral supplement that works for your entire family (6). The variable dose format allows you to ensure that everyone in your family is getting the nutrients they need with a single product.
This liquid multivitamin contains the most common vitamins and minerals that Americans usually don't get enough of, meaning you're getting that extra boost you need to supplement your diet properly. You don't have to worry about taking too much of one vitamin or mineral and missing another one entirely.
Better Family's Liquid Multivitamin is an easy-to-take, well-rounded multivitamin supplement. While it hasn't been released yet, keep an eye out for this amazing new product.
- Davidson, K. M. (2020, February 3). Titanium Dioxide in Food — Should You Be Concerned? Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/titanium-dioxide-in-food#risks
- Marsden, L. (2018, June 14). What Are the Most Common Fillers and Excipients Used in Supplements? Medium. https://medium.com/@laylamarsden27/what-are-the-most-common-fillers-and-excipients-used-in-supplements-df2703bf8088
- Vitamin Shoppe. (2021). The Vitamin Shoppe. https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/xfilters?search=liquid multivitamin&Ns=topRated
- Donnelly, J. (n.d.). The Best Liquid Multivitamins | Livestrong.com. LIVESTRONG.COM. https://www.livestrong.com/article/491239-the-best-liquid-multivitamins/
- Sanders, H. (2018, November 6). What Is The Best Liquid Multivitamin? Health Ambition. https://www.healthambition.com/best-liquid-multivitamin/
- Better Family Vitamin Subscription. (n.d.). Better Family. https://family.betternu.com/launch
- Woolston, C. (2019, March 5). Multivitamins may not know you that well. Los Angeles Times. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-apr-06-he-skeptic6-story.html#:~:text=According to the Institute of,C than women
- Price, G., & Patel, D. A. (2020, October 20). Drug Bioavailability. NCBI Bookshelf. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557852/
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement