- Gummy vitamins are a viable option for people who have trouble swallowing pills.
- Specific groups of people need specific types of vitamins - e.g. men over 70, teenage girls.
- The absorption of softgels and gummy vitamins is essentially the same.
Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
Gummy vitamins are hugely popular - not just because they get the job done when it comes to getting you the vitamins and nutrients that you need and might not be getting in your diet, but they also taste great. Sometimes, it can be hard to remember that you’re even taking a vitamin at all!
Of course, there are pros and cons to gummy vitamins (1) just like there are with any supplement that you put into your body. A few pros are:
- They’re quick, straightforward, and convenient to use
- They taste great, so kids typically have no problem ingesting them
- If you can’t swallow pills, they’re a great option
- They help to round out a diet that might be lacking in certain areas
But much like the existence of the list of pros, one exists for the cons as well:
- They have a high sugar content in contrast to other types of vitamins
- Because of the sugar content, they can be addictive - and an excess of vitamins can be dangerous
- They tend to have a higher amount of fillers and artificial dyes than other types of vitamins
The choice whether or not to go with gummy vitamins depends on the person who’s using them. They tend to be a great option for busy families, as they don't usually come with a fuss and can be transported easily. The best tasting gummy vitamins are usually the ones that are received the best, so here’s a list (2) of the best vitamin gummies:
- SmartyPants Adult Complete Gummies
- Nature Made Multivitamin Gummies
- SmartyPants Organic Women’s Complete
- Olly Men’s Multivitamin Gummy
- Garden of Life mykind Organics Prenatal Multi Gummy Multivitamin
- Olly Kids Multi + Probiotic A Blend of Vitamins
- Nordic Naturals Nordic Omega-3 Gummies
When it comes to the best vitamin C gummies, look no further than MegaFood C Defense Gummies. These can boost your immune system, and they don’t have very much sugar in comparison to other brands.
Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins for Adults
Gummy vitamins aren’t just for kids - in fact, the thought that they’re only for children could not be further from the truth. Gummy vitamins are for everyone, and the best gummy vitamins for adults tend to be geared towards specific issues that adults might find themselves needing supplements for.
For example, if you have an immune system that doesn’t always do its job, or you just want to make sure it stays extra protected (don’t we all, during these unprecedented times), then you should be on the hunt for the best Vitamin C gummies for adults. And according to our research (3), the best choice always comes out to be Megafood C Defense Gummies. They’re on the expensive side and they do have some added sugars, but they taste great and they contain an organic whole orange and superfood blend. So, not only is it one of the best tasting gummy vitamins for adults - it’ll do wonders for your immune system as well.
Older adults are a demographic that’s also in need of vitamins, which is why we looked into the best gummy vitamins for adults over 50. The reason that gummy vitamins work well for older adults is because they’re easy to consume and they make it easier for the body to absorb the nutrients that it needs as it ages.
And if you’re someone whose system needs more iron, then the best gummy vitamins with iron for adults are Nature Made with Iron, which can aid those with iron deficiencies in a quick and great-tasting way.
Best Multivitamin For Women
Just like there are specific vitamins meant for older adults, there are certain gummy vitamins meant just for women too. And the best tasting, best multivitamin for women in gummy form is Olly the Perfect Women’s Multi. When it comes to vitamin gummies for women (4), this is the brand that wins out above all others because of its content of B vitamins, vitamin D, and calcium. It’s geared towards supporting bone and skin health, which also makes it one of the best multivitamins for women over 50. All of the colors and flavors are natural, and these gummies are also gluten-free and third-party tested.
The best gummy vitamins for women are typically centered around whatever nutrients that their diet isn’t providing, or geared towards what their body needs more of. For example, a pregnant woman usually needs more iron, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), folic acid, and vitamin D. Women who follow specific diets, like vegans and vegetarians, need vitamins that fill in the gaps that their diet can’t cover.
Since many women are lacking in iron, it’s important to look into women’s multivitamin gummies with iron. And there are plenty of options for women who need more iron in their system, but the best women’s multivitamin gummy with iron is VitaRaw Iron Gummies with Multivitamin + B complex.
Women’s One a Day Gummies with Iron is also a great option for women who don’t have enough iron. And much like most other kinds of gummy vitamins, these vitamins taste great and will be a part of your day that you might just start to look forward to.
Best Multivitamin For Men
If there are top choices for the best women’s multivitamins, then there are also options for the best gummy vitamins for men. Before you make a decision on the best multivitamin for men (5), there are a few key things that you should know about your body as a man. You can talk with your doctor and find out if your body is missing anything specific - and if so, that’s what you’ll be looking for in a vitamin.
The best multivitamin for men has a little bit of everything, though. They have a formula that’s pretty balanced and that covers the major bases for what men need - although you can still customize them to a certain degree. For example, a multivitamin might be balanced but with a focus on heart health, or bone density (the best multivitamin for men over 70, for sure). Before you pick a multivitamin, it’s necessary to consider your age, diet, lifestyle, and potential health issues.
Two minerals that men need are zinc and selenium, and these are present in many of the best choices. Men also need omega-3 fats and probiotics to promote good health - but something that the best multivitamin for men over 50 (and 70) should not have, in many cases, is iron. In older men, iron can accumulate over time and become dangerous for the body.
Like any other demographic, men should steer away from vitamins that are high in sugar content and are full of artificial dyes and flavors. Reading the list of ingredients on the back of the bottle is never a bad idea!
Best Multivitamin for Teenage Girl
The teenage years are rough for almost everyone who goes through them, but they can be especially daunting for a teenage girl. The good news is that multivitamins can help. If you’re wondering what vitamins should a teenage girl take daily? We’ve got answers (6).
One A Day Teen For Her Multivitamin Gummies Supplement With Vitamins A, C is the highest rated gummy vitamin. Another high-scoring best gummy vitamin for a teenage girl is SmartyPants Teen Girl Formula, Daily Multivitamin Gummies: Vitamins C, B12, K, Zinc. These are the best multivitamins for a teenage girl because they support what the body needs during a time when it’s experiencing numerous changes.
If your child is active and needs some support in the way of vitamins and minerals, you’re probably looking for the best multivitamin for teenage girl athletes. We would recommend Active Health Teen Multivitamins from Rainbow Light (7) because it’s made entirely of plant-based ingredients (the best organic multivitamin for a teenage girl!), and it supports everything that a body in motion needs. And because they’re plant-based, it makes it easier for the body to absorb and they go easier on the system as well. Athletic teens have a high metabolic rate, which means that they require more micronutrients - and this multivitamin takes care of that.
Much like any other age demographic, teenage girls can also have issues with iron deficiency. A good choice of gummy vitamins for a teenage girl which has iron is Essential for Teens (Hers) by Ritual - they include nutrients that teenage girls need to grow, including magnesium, iron, vitamin E, and folate.
Gummy Vitamins vs Pills Absorption
When it comes to vitamin absorption, many people wonder - do pills or gummies work faster? Well, regarding gummy vitamins vs pills absorption, studies show (9) that pills and gummies show up about the same amount in the bloodstream. They’re absorbed at the same rate in the digestive system (AKA they show the same amount of bioavailability), which is a good thing for people who aren’t comfortable swallowing pills.
What about when it comes to softgels - specifically, what about vitamin D softgels vs gummies? Softgels are like liquid vitamins in the way that they get absorbed immediately (10) - simply because there’s no breakdown that needs to take place. Given that fact and the fact that gummies are chewed up before being ingested, their absorption rate is about equal.
In the end, the most effective gummy vitamins are the ones that don’t have an excessively high sugar content, artificial dyes or flavors, and that contain the ingredients that you need most in your daily life. SmartyPants Adult Complete Gummies are the number-one contender because they contain all the good ingredients and only a small amount of the not-so-good. After that comes Nature Made Multivitamin gummies that are more affordable than many other options and only contain 2 grams of added sugar per serving.
- Krishnan, Dharini. "Gummies as multivitamins: The pros and cons you must know about." Healthshots, 9 Sept. 2021, www.healthshots.com/healthy-eating/superfoods/gummies-as-multivitamins-the-pros-and-cons-you-must-know-about/.
- Savage, Eliza. "The 9 Best Gummy Vitamins of 2021, According to a Dietitian." VeryWellFit, 30 Sept. 2021, www.verywellfit.com/best-gummy-vitamins-4174259.
- Greene, Sydney. "The 6 Best Vitamin C Supplements of 2021, According to a Registered Dietitian." VeryWellHealth, 11 Aug. 2021, www.verywellhealth.com/best-vitamin-c-supplements-5092579.
- Landes, Ellen. "The 9 Best Multivitamins for Women’s Health." Healthline, 17 Dec. 2021, www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/multivitamins-womens-health.
- Savage, Eliza. "The 9 Best Multivitamins for Men, According to a Dietitian." VeryWellFit, 19 Sept. 2021, www.verywellfit.com/best-multivitamins-for-men-4169505.
- "10 Best Vitamins For Teen Girls December 2021." MSN, www.msn.com/en-us/Lifestyle/rf-buying-guides/best-vitamins-for-teen-girls-reviews.
- Howard, Emily. "Best Multivitamin for Teenage Athletes." Confirmed Best, confirmedbest.com/best-multivitamin-for-teenage-athletes.
- Giuffrida, Kathryn. "Best Multivitamin for Teen Girls." Muscle + Brawn, 14 Dec. 2021, muscleandbrawn.com/multivitamins/teen-girls/.
- Iliades, Chris. "Gummy Vitamins vs Pills: Are Gummy Vitamins Effective for Everyday Use?" UHN Daily, 20 Aug. 2021, universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/are-gummy-vitamins-effective/.
- Smith, Trisha. "Capsules vs. Gummies vs. Pills Vitamins - What’s best for you?" Noor Natural Fitness, 24 Feb. 2021, www.noorvitamins.com/blogs/health-tips/capsules-gummies-pills-vitamins.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Family Health Goals (1 of 2)
- Family Health Goals (2 of 2)
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement