- A daily wellness routine is a involves putting together a series of habits to follow to that sustain your overall well being and keep you on top shape.
- You can greatly reduce your level of stress and anxiety by following a daily healthy body and mind routine..
- Trial and error is a great way of establishing a daily wellness routine that works for you.
Daily Wellness Routine
In the past few years, social media and self-help books have been buzzing with one particular word: self-care. But self-care doesn’t necessarily always involve bubble baths and face masks. Caring for yourself on a deeper level involves giving both your mind and body the nourishment they need on a daily basis, and an excellent way to do this is by creating a daily wellness routine. A daily wellness routine is a combination of healthy habits that support your overall well-being and help you be the best version of you. One possible goal of your wellness routine could be to incorporate 10 healthy habits to follow everyday, whether it be meditation, a skincare routine, or even just skipping the drive-thru. As you will see throughout this article, there are lots of ways you can go about customizing your habits to create the best daily routine for healthy life.
When people talk about wellness, they may be referring to wellness in an overall sense or in specific areas of life. Generally, there are 8 accepted dimensions of wellness: emotional or mental, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and spiritual (1). Depending on your short-term and long-term goals and what stage you’re currently at in your life, you may wish to tailor your wellness routine to highlight a few of these dimensions in particular. However, one of the main goals of any daily routine for a healthy lifestyle should be to promote health of the mind and the body, or mental and physical wellness.
If you commute to work, you may already have a routine in place, although it may not be highlighting wellness as much as it could. There are plenty of ways to incorporate healthy habits into your routine while at work as well as in the mornings prior and the evenings after. However, in the wake of a global pandemic, many people have suddenly found themselves spending much more time at home, especially students and remote workers. Being at home without a routine to follow can quickly lead to lapses in productivity while also negatively impacting mental health. In this article, we will discuss the numerous benefits of starting a daily wellness routine and walk through a few different ways to customize your routine into the unique experience you need to keep your mind and body healthy.
Daily Routine For Healthy Body And Mind
As we mentioned, a wellness routine can have an immense impact on both your mental and physical well-being. Let’s take a moment now to explore the benefits of a daily routine on the body and the mind, beginning first with the body.
When it comes to promoting physical health, some of the habits you incorporate into your routine should revolve around food and movement. Meals are an extremely important aspect of any daily food routine for healthy body. Your diet provides your body with the fuel it needs to accomplish your daily tasks, whether they be physical or mental. If you consistently deprive your body of food, especially in the morning, or give it only junk food, you may see a decrease in energy levels and your overall performance. Incorporating a healthy breakfast packed with fruits, vegetables, and protein may be a great way to kick off your routine and fuel yourself up for the day ahead. Similarly, a lunch break in the middle of the day provides you with a pick-me-up to push through that tired feeling that many people experience in the afternoon.
Healthy habits that incorporate more movement into your daily routine for healthy body may be essential as well. According to Mayo Clinic, the benefits of regular exercise include weight control, prevention of health conditions like stroke, arthritis, and depression, boosted energy and moods, and promotion of better sleep (2). If you’re not used to working out regularly or you don’t think vigorous exercise would fit your lifestyle, there are other ways to get your blood pumping throughout the day. Aside from planned workouts, you can take a few breaks here and there during your work day to do small exercises and yoga poses or even consider taking a walk during your lunch break or in the evening after dinner. Exercise is very customizable, and every bit of movement, no matter how small, helps improve your physical wellness.
On top of the physical benefits, daily routines do wonders for emotional and mental well-being as well. Following a daily routine for healthy body and mind can have a huge impact on reducing stress and anxiety, especially for students, remote workers, and anyone who works with deadlines. Without a routine in place, your mind may be constantly racing with questions of when you’ll have time to get everything done. Routines provide enough consistency to alleviate those worries while increasing productivity by lowering the likelihood of procrastination. And, the more you accomplish throughout your day, the better your mood will become, helping you keep track of goals and combat depressive symptoms that can arise from a lack of productivity.
Wellness Routine Example
Now that you know the benefits of incorporating more healthy habits into your schedule, let’s take a look at a wellness routine example. As we will discuss in a later section, you can customize your routine to fit exactly into your unique goals and lifestyle, but for anyone who is just beginning their wellness journey, reviewing daily routine examples can be extremely helpful.
- Morning: Wake up early. Do something you enjoy (feed pets or spend time with kids before school). Practice yoga, meditation, or both. Eat a healthy breakfast. Shower and get dressed. Have coffee and take a moment to collect yourself. Start your daily tasks.
- Afternoon: Take a break to eat a fulfilling lunch. Go for a walk to get fresh air. Recharge with a short nap, another cup of coffee, or a series of stretches. Hydrate frequently. Light a candle or use a diffuser to reduce stress.
- Evening: Put away or power down everything associated with work. Eat a nutritious dinner to restore your body after a long day. Take some time to reflect on your day and anything you accomplished, maybe even journaling about it. Indulge in your bedtime ritual, whether it be skincare, catching up on a TV show, reading a book, etc. Go to bed early for a full night of rest to prepare for the next day.
This is just one of many daily routine examples for adults, following a very general guideline of wellness. Below, we have provided a few ideas of ways you could change up your routine depending on your current stage in life.
- Daily routine examples for work: Eat breakfast at home to properly enjoy it without the stress of eating during or after your commute. When working in the office, take breaks to walk around and hydrate, even socialize with coworkers. Power down your work device once you arrive home in order to truly unwind and prepare for the next day.
- Daily routine examples for teenager: Wake up early enough to leave time for breakfast before school or other extracurricular activities. Have a set time for homework and studying to avoid procrastination. Make time in the evening to wind down doing activities you enjoy in order to relax before bed and prepare for a good night of sleep.
- Daily routine examples for students during pandemic: Break up online classes by going out for a walk, taking a break for lunch, catching up with a friend or loved one, or even watching an episode of a show you like. Set aside time in the evening or the morning to study, do homework, and prepare for a new day of classes.
Morning Wellness Routine
Starting a wellness journey may seem like a daunting task at first, but one of the easiest ways to start slipping more healthy habits into your life little by little is to create a morning wellness routine first. If you keep your current goals in mind, you can tailor your healthy morning routine checklist to center around accomplishing long-term or short-term goals by consistently working on healthy practices. A healthy morning routine for weight loss, for example, may include a workout routine followed by a fulfilling breakfast to replenish your energy. Or, a healthy morning routine for glowing skin might require you to perform your skincare routine in the morning as opposed to at night while eating a breakfast packed full of vitamins C, D, and E. As you build your morning routine around your goals, you can begin to expand your healthy habits outward into the rest of your day until you have a fully fleshed out daily routine to maximize your wellness.
If you’re interested in the nutritional aspect of wellness, you may want to consider adding a multivitamin to your morning routine. Multivitamins are a great way to supplement your diet with a boost of the micronutrients that your body needs for its every day processes to run smoothly. Better Family’s Liquid Daily Multivitamin contains a diverse blend of essential nutrients such as B complex vitamins, vitamins A, E, D, and K, and important minerals like zinc, iodine, chromium, and selenium. This all-in-one liquid solution can be consumed sublingually and is more concentrated than other liquid multivitamins, making it the standout choice among competitors for fast absorption of only the highest quality micronutrients. Both safe and effective, our Liquid Daily Multivitamin is a great choice for any household and can be given to family members of all ages.
How To Write Daily Routine
Whether you’re wondering how to make a daily routine for yourself, how to write a daily routine for college students, or even creating daily routines for seniors, it’s important to keep in mind the power of customization. Not every healthy habit or workout routine will work for every person. There are unique aspects of your lifestyle, your plans, and your goals that will make your daily routine look much different from someone else’s. Center your routine around your current goals and anything you’d like to achieve. If you’d like to be more mindful, incorporate meditation. If you’d like to get in better shape, add an exercise routine. Anything is possible!
If you’re still having trouble figuring out how to write daily routine checklists, trial and error is a great option. Test out different healthy habits that sound ideal and pick the ones that work for you. You may also want to consider talking with your physician, especially if you plan to start a workout routine or a new supplement regimen to make sure you make the most of your routine and incorporate new habits in a safe and healthy way.
- “The Eight Dimensions of Wellness.” William & Mary, 2022, https://www.wm.edu/offices/wellness/about/eight-dimensions/index.php.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. “Exercise: 7 benefits of regular physical activity.” Mayo Clinic, 8 October 2021, https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/exercise/art-20048389.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Wellness Activities For Families
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Daily Wellness Routine
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement
- Family Wellness Activities