- Chewable vitamins generally tend to have an unpleasant, mineral-y flavor that makes them less palatable, but good tasting liquid vitamins go down smoothly.
- With good tasting liquid vitamins you can help your child enjoy eating well and build healthy habits.
- Finding vitamins that fit your taste while also providing you with important nutrients can help you establish a good daily vitamins routine.
Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
With food quality on the decline and hectic schedules making it harder and harder to plan out fully balanced meals every day, many people have begun to form slight nutritional gaps in their diets, oftentimes without even realizing it. Your body needs to receive a blend of micronutrients from your diet on a daily basis in order for all your systems to run smoothly. These nutrients typically include vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K as well as minerals such as selenium, iron, zinc, and chromium (1). One safe and effective way to ensure that your body always has a healthy dose of all these vital nutrients is to start taking a multivitamin.
There are several different types of multivitamins: chewables, capsules, gummies, and, of course, liquids. An inquiry we often hear is “Are liquid vitamins better than pills, chewables, and the like?” We believe they are, and here’s why! Solid supplements like pills and chewables have their nutrients locked inside a barrier that must first be broken down before your body can absorb the dosage inside. Digestion takes time, and that extra time between taking your supplement and the actual absorption can cause you to miss out on part or all of the dosage if it exits your body before being fully absorbed (2). Liquid multivitamins eliminate this problem entirely by circumventing the need for digestion. The nutrients present in the formula are already in their liquid forms, making it much easier for your body to absorb them into your bloodstream and increasing your nutrient intake.
On top of their absorption advantages, liquid vitamins and minerals also have the added benefit of tasting good and being much easier to swallow compared to chewables and pills. Many chewable vitamins tend to have an unpleasant, mineral-y flavor that makes them harder to stomach, but good tasting liquid vitamins go down smoothly for both kids and adults. In fact, there are tons of liquid vitamin formulas that can be added to a glass of water or your favorite beverage, eliminating the fuss and hassle that comes along with choking down a bad-tasting supplement. After all, both you and your family will be much more inclined to keep up with taking a supplement that tastes good while boosting your nutrition.
But after all this, you’re probably wondering, “What is the best liquid multivitamin?” The answer may vary according to your unique health situation, and you should always consult with your physician before starting a new supplement. However, as we mentioned, there are certain micronutrients that your body needs daily and taking a liquid multivitamin is one way to safely incorporate those nutrients into your diet. Read on to learn about what types of ingredients to look for in the best liquid multivitamin so you can be sure you select the right one for you and your family.
Best Liquid Vitamins For Kids
It’s a well-known fact that most kids are picky eaters, so finding a multivitamin that they won’t turn up their nose at can be quite a challenge. For this reason, the best liquid vitamins for kids will usually be one extreme or the other when it comes to flavor: completely tasteless or pleasantly flavored to avoid the typical mineral-y taste. Tasteless liquid vitamins for toddlers, pre-teens, and teenagers alike are a great solution for any child who is particularly against healthy eating, as savvy parents can simply add them into a favorite drink. But, if your child enjoys eating healthy foods, giving them a multivitamin that tastes good can help them to build healthy habits while teaching them more about nutrition.
A good liquid multivitamin for kids should contain all the same micronutrients that adults need as well, as most human bodies have very similar basic nutritional requirements regardless of age. Liquid vitamins for kids that are a boost of one specific type of vitamin or mineral can also be helpful, especially for children experiencing a deficiency. Iron deficiency is particularly common in children since iron-rich foods like spinach and legumes are not usually fan-favorites at the dinner table. It can eventually lead to anemia, a blood disorder that affects the production of healthy red blood cells, but selecting a children or toddler liquid multivitamin with iron may be an effective way to make sure your family receives enough of this vital nutrient (3). However, when considering the best multivitamin for 1 year old children, vitamins for toddlers under 2, or any supplement for children, keep in mind that it’s always best to consult your physician to make sure your child is receiving the right amount of nutrients to meet their unique needs.
Best Liquid Multivitamin For Adults
Even when searching for the best liquid multivitamin for adults, good taste is still a factor to consider. After all, you will probably be less inclined to regularly take a supplement that tastes unpleasant, regardless of how much it helps your nutrient intake. Especially for anyone who is inexperienced with vitamins, finding one that fits your tastes while also providing you with important nutrients can help you build the habit of taking your supplement regularly. If not taken consistently, liquid vitamins for adults have little effect on your health, so making sure it’s fully incorporated into your routine is essential.
A good liquid multivitamin for adults should contain all the outside nutrients your body needs to ingest on a daily basis. However, there are some nutrients that may be more essential for adults in certain scenarios. Pregnant or breastfeeding parents typically need more B complex vitamins to support the growth and development of their children. Similarly, menstruation can lead to decreased iron levels in the body. For these reasons, the best liquid multivitamin for women should contain B complex vitamins and iron. Comparably, low testosterone levels and conditions like erectile dysfunction have been linked to zinc deficiencies (4). In this case, the best liquid multivitamin for men may be one that includes zinc as one of its ingredients. Regardless of gender, all human bodies need B complex vitamins, iron, and zinc, but if one of these scenarios applies to you, then you may be interested in seeking out a multivitamin that specifically contains these nutrients.
Best Liquid Multivitamin For Seniors
Liquid multivitamins can be particularly beneficial for seniors for various reasons. Dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing, makes it hard for people across all age groups to take their supplements in pill form. However, this problem often increases with age. The rate of dysphagia among adults is around 16-23%, with the percentage growing to 27% among those who are beyond 76 years of age (5). Not to mention, the digestive system can slow down throughout the years as well, increasing the likelihood of missing some of your dosage when taking solid supplements that require digestion (6). Liquid multivitamins for seniors are a great solution to counteract these problems.
Some seniors may require a little more of certain micronutrients, especially B complex vitamins, calcium, and vitamin D. B complex vitamins, especially B12, assist with neurological function and can even provide a much-needed boost of energy. Vitamin D and calcium are both essential for good bone health, which is especially important for anyone who suffers from osteoporosis or arthritis. The best liquid vitamins for elderly people should contain the daily recommended amounts of these vital nutrients in order to combat typical age-related conditions.
Best Liquid Vitamins For Immune System
Your immune system protects your body from outside microorganisms like viruses, bacteria, and fungi that can cause disease as well as internal disease-causing cells (7). There are tons of ways to boost your immune system. Try to exercise regularly, maximize your sleep, and minimize your stress levels as much as possible. However, another important aspect of immune health is providing your immune cells with the nutrients they need. Just like every other system in your body, the immune system requires outside nutrients to run smoothly and protect you from diseases. The most essential micronutrients for immune cells are iron, zinc, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E (8). If you’re looking for the best multivitamin for immune system health, selecting one that contains those specific nutrients may be your best bet.
There are also supplements available that can be classed as a liquid immune booster. Vitamin C is one of the most notable vitamins to boost immune system health, as it provides support to the cells in both subsets of the immune system. In fact, vitamin C liquid drops are often marketed as a quick cold remedy or an easy way to bolster your body’s disease prevention heading into flu season. Usually paired with a pleasant citrus flavor, vitamin C is among the best liquid vitamins for immune system health both in terms of its effectiveness and its flavor.
Liquid Vitamins Reviews
Let’s take a moment to go over a few liquid vitamins reviews that you may find helpful while in the process of selecting the best supplement for yourself and your family.
- Best organic liquid vitamins: Mary Ruth’s Liquid Morning Multivitamin contains a blend of essential vitamins and minerals, including B complex vitamins, vitamins A, C, D, and E, zinc, and chromium. Free of the eight major allergens, Mary Ruth’s is also one of the best vegan liquid multivitamin options.
- Best liquid vitamins for energy: Organics’ Vitamin B12 Organic Spray is a potent formula that you can take with you on the go for a quick boost of energy when you hit your midday lull. Boasting no added sugars and a checklist of organic foods, this great-tasting raspberry spritz provides the perfect daily dose of B12.
- Best liquid vitamins for bariatric patients: Bariatric Advantage Ultra Solo with Iron is a multivitamin formulated specifically for bariatric patients, sporting higher levels of both vitamin D and vitamin B12. However, remember to always consult your physician before starting a new supplement, even those which are created specifically for your condition.
Of course, every multivitamin claims to be the best one, administering the largest amount of nutrition to your body without exceeding upper daily limits. But what you may not know about supplements is that the vitamins they contain come in a variety of formats, ranging from ineffective to highly effective. An all-in-one solution that works well for all ages, our carefully crafted Liquid Daily Multivitamin utilizes only the highest quality vitamin and mineral formats throughout its formulation in order to deliver nutrition to your body in the most effective way possible. With 16 essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, D, E, K, B complex vitamins, iodine, selenium, chromium, and silicon dioxide, this advanced formula fills the gaps in your diet with no fluff or filler. Our additional blend of organic fruits provides a much needed boost of antioxidants as well as a uniquely vibrant reddish color that makes this multivitamin fun and safe for the whole family to enjoy.
- Rodder, Susan. “5 Signs You’ve Chosen the Right Multivitamin.” UTSouthwestern Medical Center, 20 January 2021, https://utswmed.org/medblog/multivitamins-supplements.
- Giampapa, Vincent. “The Pro’s and Con’s of Liquid Vitamins for Adults.” healthycell, 21 June 2021, https://www.healthycell.com/blogs/articles/liquid-multivitamins-for-adults.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. “Iron Deficiency in Children: Prevention Tips for Parents.” Mayo Clinic, 7 December 2021, https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/childrens-health/in-depth/iron-deficiency/art-20045634.
- Ellis, Mary Ellen. “Connecting Testosterone and Zinc.” healthline, 6 March 2017, https://www.healthline.com/health/testosterone-and-zinc.
- Smithard, David G. “Dysphagia: A Geriatric Giant?” Medical & Clinical Reviews, 25 January 2016, https://medical-clinical-reviews.imedpub.com/dysphagia-a-geriatric-giant.php?aid=8373.
- Conway, Brenda. “Aging and Digestive Health.” WebMD, 8 May 2021, https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/features/digestive-health-aging.
- “The Immune System.” John Hopkins Medicine, https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/the-immune-system.
- “How to boost your immune system.” Harvard Health Publishing, 15 February 2021, https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system.
More articles from Better Family
- Family Multivitamin
- Liquid Multivitamins
- Best Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- Chewable vs Liquid Vitamins
- Comparing Monthly Vitamin Subscriptions
- Best Multivitamin for the Whole Family
- Family Diet And Menu Planning
- Multivitamin Liquid Side Effects
- Best Vitamin B12 Liquid Drops
- Liquid Children's Vitamins
- Vitamin Subscription Box
- Good Tasting Liquid Vitamins
- Liquid Vitamin B6 Supplement
- Liquid Selenium Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin E Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B1 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B3 Supplement
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health Goals
- Family Health and Wellness Programs
- How to Absorb Multivitamins Better
- Family Nutrition Tips
- Liquid Multivitamin for Adults
- Liquid Multivitamin for Seniors
- Liquid Vitamins and Minerals
- Why Do We Need To Take Multivitamins?
- Liquid Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin Absorption Chart
- Vitamins That Taste Good
- Liquid Chromium Supplement
- Liquid Silicon Dioxide Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin D Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B9 Supplement
- Vitamin Subscription Services
- Can You Dissolve Multivitamins in Water?
- Organic Liquid Multivitamins and Minerals
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins
- Nutrition For The Whole Family
- B Complex Liquid Drops
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Elderly
- Soluble Vitamins
- How To Take Multivitamins
- Tasteless Liquid Vitamins For Toddlers
- Liquid Zinc Benefits
- Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins
- Liquid Iodine Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin K Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Liquid Vitamin B7 Supplement