7 Benefits of Liquid Vitamins
Vitamins play a vital role in several necessary biological functions in human health. The National Institute of Aging notes that there are thirteen essential vitamins: A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-9, and B-12. Vitamin A, for example, is a fat-soluble compound that supports human vision, cell division, and the immune system. Without adequate sources of vitamin A, whether from a nutritious well-balanced diet or from a supplement, people can experience vision loss and even blindness, as well as other complications involving the immune system.
Without maintaining a healthy balance in the body of each of those thirteen essential vitamins, you could experience what’s known as a vitamin deficiency. Vitamin A deficiency, which can cause vision loss and blindness, is just one example of what could happen without ensuring your body receives all of the vital nutrients necessary for healthy bodily functions. Vitamin D deficiency can result in weakened bone density, and vitamin K deficiency can similarly contribute to osteoporosis and the likelihood of experiencing cardiovascular disease. Any sort of deficiency, if left untreated, could lead to serious complications.
Vitamin and mineral supplements can also come in a variety of different forms like pills, capsules, gummies, and liquid. While each may have its own advantages and disadvantages, liquid vitamins provide numerous benefits when compared to their counterparts. But why would you choose liquid over a chewable or pill vitamin?
Here are seven benefits of liquid vitamins:
- Liquid vitamins can provide the body with the necessary compounds to perform daily functions. Yes, their primary function counts as a benefit! Ensuring that your body has access to all of the essential vitamins and minerals it needs is an invaluable part of any health and wellness plan. Vitamins in liquid form can help make the process easier and more effective.
- As opposed to other, more traditional methods of administration, liquid vitamins allow for quicker absorption. When compared to taking a capsule or pill supplement which has to traverse the entire digestive tract, liquid vitamins can be administered sublingually – or underneath the tongue – so as to avoid the digestive tract entirely. Sublingual administration is also beneficial for people with gastrointestinal issues that may prevent or hinder typical absorption through the digestive tract.
- Liquid vitamins can have greater bioavailability, which has to do with how well the human body successfully absorbs a drug or nutrient. Your body could absorb 60-70% more cnutrients from a liquid vitamin product than from some capsule and pill supplements that are still available on the market. Greater absorption also means you are getting your money’s worth – no more paying for expensive supplements for your body to only absorb 10-20% of the nutrients.
- Generally, liquid vitamins could be considered safer for consumption, since there is less risk of choking or a pill or capsule getting stuck and obstructing the airway. Liquid vitamins can be easier to swallow which makes them ideal for young children, elderly adults, and people who are unable to swallow conventional pills or capsules. Additionally, liquid vitamins typically do not contain any of the binding or filler agents used by some pill and capsule manufacturers.
- With liquid vitamins, there’s also the potential for greater potency of certain products – especially concentrates. While you should always confirm the proper dosage for you and your health situation with your primary care physician, high-potency liquid vitamins can ensure that you get all of the nutrients you need.
- Liquid vitamins provide greater flexibility with regard to the many ways they can be administered. Liquid vitamins can be added to a smoothie or any morning beverage. They can also be taken sublingually to help with greater absorption, especially if a gastrointestinal issue is making vitamin absorption ineffective. Liquid vitamins can also be taken orally without any additives.
- Due to the fluid nature of liquid and the solid nature of pills or gummies, liquid vitamins offer more flexible dosage capabilities. Especially if measured with a dropper or syringe, the dosage can be controlled much more easily than trying to break or slice pills in half or into quarters.
Although this list is extensive, it is not exhaustive; there are many more benefits of liquid vitamins. Be sure to ask your doctor or primary care physician if you think liquid vitamins may be beneficial for you or someone in your family. Better Family offers an easy-to-take all-in-one multivitamin to help you ensure there are no nutritional gaps in your family’s diet. Liquid vitamins can promote better health and immunity for you and your family, too.